How to hide a particular chat without on WhatsApp deleting it, hide message previews
Users of WhatsApp can archive specific archives to stop receiving alerts. WhatsApp now rolls out a new feature in order to eliminate the archived chatbox from the top of the chat list for all WhatsApp users.
Why WhatsApp is Important?
WhatsApp can often become a place for disturbing contacts. Sometimes, such contacts cannot be blocked, because on rare occasions they could be valuable.
But you can always archive notifications from such contacts if you are certain that you will not receive notifications. This helps people to concentrate on the most crucial topics.
WhatsApp is now implementing a new function to delete the archived chatbox from the top of the chat list for all WhatsApp users. The archive conversation box can be removed here.
WhatsApp warns that conversation archiving does not remove or back up the chat. The feature is also only available for iOS 9 or later devices for iPhone users.
Users must note that archive a chat when they receive a new message from that chat individually or group, that an archived individual or group chat will unarchive. Here’s how people can conceal chats.
- If you archive alerts from a particular chat, users of WhatsApp can cease receiving notifications.
- WhatsApp notes that conversation archiving does not remove or back up your chat.
- Users from WhatsApp can also hide message previews so that others can not read them.
- Open WhatsApp.
- You want to hide a long press on the chat.
- Select the file option that appears from the top menu in the shape of a box that has a downward arrow.
To unhide this chat:
- Tap the search bar in the Chats tab.
- Enter the conversation name or content you wish to unarchive from the chat.
- You want to unarchive a long push on the chat.
- Use the Unarchive tap.
Alternatively, users can scroll their talks till the end and unarchive the archived chats.
- Open WhatsApp
- Right swipe on the chat that you want to hide.
- Click the Archive button.
To unarchive chats on WhatsApp:
- Swipe the chat or group that you want to unarchive left on the Archived Chats panel.
- Tap Unarchive.
By looking for a contact name or message from the contact, users can manually unarchive a chat:
- In the Chats tab, tap the Search bar.
- Enter the name of the chat or content from the chat you want to unarchive.
- Swipe left on the chat you want to unarchive.
- Tap Unarchive.
You May Interested: Download WhatsApp (Beta & Stable)
You can disable message previews by following methods if you wish to prevent others from reading your WhatsApp notifications:
To add custom notifications, Android users can go to Phone Settings:
- Go to Configuration
- Choose Notifications > Notifications Manage
- Choose the app WhatsApp
- Users can either turn their alerts off completely or selectively disable the highest preview and display details on the unlocked screen, depending on the needs.
- Users can also choose whether they would like to get media notifications, call notifications, essential app alerts, etc.
- Users can also enter messages and switch off the toggle on pop-up or sound notifications.
By following the above procedures, iPhone users can customize notifications:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to Settings located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Go to Notifications
- Disable the Show Preview option